Article of the Year
Established in 2014, the MTNA e-Journal Article of the Year Award recognizes outstanding contributions to MTNA's professional online journal. Members of the MTNA e-Journal Editorial Committee select an article from those written expressly for the e-Journal and published online during a calendar year. Articles are judged on the basis of the quality of writing and relative importance of the subject matter.
- 2018—"Transitioning From Traditional To Online Piano Lessons: Perceptions Of Students, Parents and Teacher," by Diana Dumlavwalla
- 2017—"The Pedagogical Value Of 'Enjoyment' In The Classical Piano Studio: A Research Report On A Transdisciplinary Study," by William Westney, Cynthia M. Grund, James Yang, Aimee Cloutier, Jesse Latimer, Michael O’Boyle, Dan Fang and Jiancheng Hou
- 2016—"Assessing Injury Risk In Pianists Using Objective Measures To Promote Self-Awareness," by Paola Savvidou, NCTM; Brad Willis; Mengyuan Li and Marjorie Skubic
- 2015—"Colorful Illustrations In Piano Method Books: A Pilot Project Investigating Eye Focus," by Gilles Comeau
- 2014—"Non-Traditional Notation And Techniques In Student Piano Repertoire," by Kevin D. Richmond