Stecher & Horowitz
Power of Innovation Award
The Stecher & Horowitz Power of Innovation Award is a $10,000 prize presented annually to a young professional artist/teacher who embodies an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative approach in their life and work. Applicants for the award must submit documentation that demonstrates accomplishment in and commitment to four specific aspects of professional endeavor:
- Artistic Excellence
- Pedagogical Leadership
- Nurturing Spirit
- Community Service
The $10,000 prize is funded by Melvin Stecher and Norman Horowitz, whose own life and work as artists, pedagogues and entrepreneurs epitomize the values of the Power of Innovation Award.
The deadline for application is November 4, 2022. The recipient will be notified in early January 2022. The presentation of the award will be at the 2023 MTNA National Conference Awards Brunch in Reno, Nevada, on March 29, 2023.
- Applicants must be 36 years old or younger as of November 4, 2022.
- Open to artist/teachers of all instruments and voice.
- Current contact information including name, address, phone, and email.
- Applicant profile information including a current resume and date of birth.
- Four essays and supporting media/documents for each that demonstrate innovation and success in the following areas:
- Artistic Excellence (Essay and performance video)
- Pedagogical Leadership (Essay and teaching video)
- Nurturing Spirit (Essay and choice of a video, article, report or other document)
- Community Service (Essay and choice of a video, article, report or other document)
- A three-person panel of adjudicators will evaluate each applicant's essays and documentation.
- 60% of the evaluation is based on the quality of work in each area (15% per area).
- 40% of the evaluation is based on the overall impression of the creativity and innovative spirit of the applicant's professional endeavors.
- All essays and documentation must be received no later than November 4, 2022, 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Questions should be directed to the MTNA National Headquarters at email@example.com or by calling (513) 421-1420.